Lowther Fam Jam 2006

Ok, we're nearing the final stretch. The event is June 23 - 25, 2006. This site is our collaborative "project site" for our Lowther - Strawbridge Family Reunion in 2006

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Suitcases full of likker

As food and meal planning is part of the discussion already, let's also consider the other traditional reunion activity (no Lynn, not smoking) - cocktails. I move that technical advice come from those with significant mixological experience.

You know who you are.

But otherwise, we need to make sure we coordinate with Landmark - don't know how that has been done in past - do we initiate or they offer? As far as drinking opportunities go: there's a Friday eve meal w/something at the table, then there's a meet-and-greet (and continue to eat) suite that is usu amply provided with traditional beverages. The Sat beverage offerings are pretty much offered with meals, I believe (except for golf - which is the responsibility of the players).

Finally, and perhaps most significantly, I suspect the hotel prefers we drink exclusively what they sell - this is likely to be a fairly non-negotiable point for them, too. Any idea how this has been handled in the past? G, can you remember the combination to the bar liquor cabinet? Dare I suggest suitcases full of likker a-la the Mohonk days of yore?

3 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Thanks Lynn, I forgot that you had mentioned Martina was (eventually) going to provide you with a play-by-play of past arrangements. Obviously, that will be quite helpful.

I think "lushes" is a little strong... perhaps tipplers or loveable gin-hounds suits us better.

4:53 PM  
Blogger gstraw said...

yes, meg. well done! this is the comments section of the blog. should you want to post a new entry on the top level site, you'll need to go to www.blogger.com and follow my instructions on the famjam site, see the sidebar for my post.

11:38 PM  
Blogger C said...

Obviously, some of us have begun drinking a bit early. er... good show!

Kudos to pointing out the obvious oversight regarding the brew. I am confident that we will be amply provided for come the Jam.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home